YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICTHuman Resources Development and Personnel Services, Building 100A, Room 212088 North Beale Road, Marysville, CA 95901 TTY (hearing impaired): (530) 634-7760Visit our Web Site at: www.yccd.edu/hr
ACADEMIC VACANCY – FULL TIME TENURE TRACK POSITION EXTENDED
POSITION: NURSING INSTRUCTOR
FINAL FILING DATE:FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2013 BY 12:00 NOON (POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED) Your entire application packet must be submitted in duplicate, an original and one copy.
LOCATION:* SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: YUBA COLLEGE
SALARY:$53,253 - $82,145/YR. (Initial placement will not be higher than the above listed salary, the top step for this position is Class VI, Step 19 which is $102,146 /YR.)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:Provide theory and clinical instruction for Associate Degree Nursing Program in the areas of Maternal Nursing. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the total nursing curriculum. Serve as a liaison between health agencies and the College. Will be assigned to teach Maternal Nursing in the ADN Nursing Program at the various campuses. Familiarity with online and interactive TV instruction desired.
REQUIRED DUTIES:Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Nursing at California Community Colleges:
CREDENTIAL:Hold a current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse and be free from any disciplinary action by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Master’s Degree in Nursing OR• Bachelor’s in Nursing AND Master’s in Health Education or Health Science OR• The equivalent from an accredited college or university, INCLUDING• Be knowledgeable, current and skillful in the subject matter of the course as evidenced through:• Experience in teaching similar subject matter content within the two years preceding the course; or• Have at least one year’s experience within the last two years in the specialized area in which he/she is teaching.
EQUIVALENCY: Applicants must meet YCCD minimum qualifications by the filing date or have been awarded equivalency by the District prior to the publication of the Recruitment Announcement.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves; the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $17,000 annually with a $78.00 monthly out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 10 sick days and a 178 day contract. INITIAL PLACEMENT WILL NOT BE HIGHER THAN CLASS 6, STEP 10, ACCORDING TO THE ACADEMIC HANDBOOK.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu/hr A complete application is submitted in duplicate – an original and one copy, and includes: YCCD Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, Three (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover letter/letter of interest, must be received not later than the final filing date.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or (c) portfolio.NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
TIMELINE: Interviews are scheduled for September 2013. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date of confirmation is October 2013.
* This position is anticipated to be assigned to Yuba College of the Yuba Community College District but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975 OR TTY (530) 634-7760.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION:1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it isdeemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
VISION STATEMENTThe vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative, world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region;
• Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
Adopted October 12, 2011
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
5 Ways to Handle the Holidays When Your Life's in Chaos
Ready for Winter Storms?
Lung Cancer Awareness
Movember: New Face of Men's Health
4 Ways to Ace the Exit Interview
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC