SAN JOSE/EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
This faculty position is in a Faculty Association Unit, AFT 6157. This is a full-time position as a Nursing Instructor, teaching obstetrical nursing at Evergreen Valley College. The assignment includes teaching in a classroom setting, skills laboratory, acute care hospital and community-based healthcare settings. In addition to 20 course hours per week, the assignment includes 5 office hours per week. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend responsibilities. This is a tenure track position.
This is a full-time assignment to meet the needs of the Nursing Program. The faculty will teach a full Nursing curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health, the instructor will be assigned to teach medical-surgical nursing. As a member of the faculty, this person will accept the collegial responsibilities associated with full-time status. These duties include but are not limited to:
1. Committee assignments, conference attendance.
2. Updating, developing and evaluating curriculum.
3. Participating in accreditation and state approval processes.
4. Participation in meetings, developing effective learning activities and evaluation tools/criteria for theory and clinical teaching.
5. Keeping and submitting accurate records of student attendance and grades.
6. Keeping accurate anecdotal notes and information supporting student performance in clinical assignments.
7. Posting and maintaining scheduled office hours.
8. Working effectively within a team-teaching structure through consistent team meeting attendance and communication among all team members.
9. Ability to lecture, do clinical evaluations, write test questions that demonstrate critical thinking and be clinically competent.
10. Ability to effectively teach a diverse student body.
11. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Master's in Nursing
Bachelor's in nursing AND Master's in health education or health science
The minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
2. Current valid California Board of Registered Nursing License (CA BRN).
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
Current valid California Board of Registered Nursing License (CA BRN).
1. Prior teaching in Nursing at college level.
2. Public Health Nurse certification.
3. Working knowledge of multi-media materials, computer-assisted instruction, WEB CT
4. Current acute-care nursing skills.
5. Ability to use technology as a teaching and learning tool.
6. Home health care nursing experience.
7. Ability to develop telecourse curriculum.
8. Ability to work effectively in a team teaching environment.
9. Ability to travel between multiple work locations.
10. One year of full time experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care within the last 5 years (Clinical teaching applies toward direct patient care experience.).
11. One year of academic experience in the following: teaching nursing courses in a diploma, associate or baccalaureate degree pre-licensure registered nursing program OR providing in-service education OR practice in teaching nursing as part of a course.
Faculty and other instructional staff
*Equivalency: Applicants (including current or former employees) applying under equivalency bear the full responsibility of submitting by the closing date the District's Equivalency Application in addition to the Faculty Position Application with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications for this positions.
Application(s) for equivalency are required for any of the following reasons:
1. degrees are not in exact discipline required;
2. degree is in progress;
3. degrees were earned at a college/university not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education; and/or
4. degrees were earned at a college/university outside of the U.S.
Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
More equivalency information, along with the form, can be obtained at http://www.sjeccd.edu/hr/Documents/equiv_form.pdf
Does this position accept online applications?
ACADEMIC EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Evergreen Valley College
Nursing and Allied Health
Academic Position Type:
Faculty Full-Time Tenure Track Position
Academic Position Term:
Regular 100% FTE 11-Months per year
$64,731 to $83,029 Annual Salary (11-Month Academic Salary Schedule 2011-2012); Maximum Salary Potential $112,643. Note: Actual salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which include cost of medical, dental, and vision for employee and qualified dependents, and life insurance and income protection for employee (Faculty/District collective bargaining agreement).
Employment Start Date:
September 4, 2012 or as soon as possible
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Information
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District FACULTY POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER
(Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees having the degree confer/award dates circled. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
6. District Application for Equivalency, if applicable, and supporting documents. Current or former employees who were previously approved by the District colleges for equivalency MUST by the closing date submit proof of the dated District's written equivalency approval.
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Kinkos, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
1. Only complete application materials will be considered (No exception for external applicants, current or former employees). Application materials must include: a. FACULTY POSITION APPLICATION, b. COVER LETTER, c. RESUME,
d. TRANSCRIPT(S) of degrees stated and/or required (The criminal history explanation if any will NOT be forwarded to the screening committee), e. LICENSE/CERTIFICATES(S) and f. DISTRICT EQUIVALENCY APPLICATION with supporting documents, if applicable.
2. Incomplete application packet and/or documents received by Human Resources after the closing date will not be considered (No exception for employees or non-employees).
3. Applications not having all required minimum qualifications in education and experience as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section will not receive further considerations.
4. Letters of Recommendation are not required and will not be included in the application packet. Additional documents that are not requested may not be included.
5. DEGREES must have been awarded by a college or university ACCREDITED by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
6. FOREIGN DEGREES: Candidates with DEGREES and CREDITS earned outside of the United States must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with the application. Simple translation of the language on foreign transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
7. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
8. Application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated.
9. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
10. Meeting the minimum qualifications DOES NOT assure an interview.
11. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
4750 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 223-6341
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
- ADA/504 Section Officer: Vice President of Administrative Services or designee, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135, (408) 274-7900.
- Title IX Officer: Vice President of Student Services Irma Archuleta, 3095 Yerba Buena Road, San Jose, CA 95135, (408) 274-7900 X.6749.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Interested applicants (including external applicants, current or former employees) MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/263984. MUST click "Apply for this Posting" to apply):
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The San Jose/Evergreen Community College District consists of two colleges. The metropolitan San Jose City College located just minutes from downtown San Jose, established in 1921, and the park-like Evergreen Valley College located in southeast San Jose at the foot of the Diablo Mountain range, which opened in 1975.
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
With enrollment of approximately 20,000 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 37%, Black/African-American 6%, Asian/Pacific Islander 36%, American Indian/Native American 1%, White/Caucasian 12%, First Generation 60%) attaining educational goals reflecting 34% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 23% Hispanic/Latino, 19% Asian/Pacific Islander, 9% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, and 44% White/Caucasian, as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Lung Cancer Awareness
Movember: New Face of Men's Health
4 Ways to Ace the Exit Interview
Quit Your Job and Keep Your Professionalism
Thank a Nurse with RNspire
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC