Golden West College
Instructor, Nursing - Pediatrics
$46,037.00 - $109,761.00 Annually
Apply by: 11/13/2013
Complete job description and application available online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cccd/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
Instructor in the Associate Degree Nursing Program, teaching both clinical and theory in nursing. temporary, full-time (non-tenure track), one-semester position that may be modified, extended or eliminated based upon program needs.
1. Must be able to teach any hospital shift.
2. Willing to orient to clinical facility assigned.
3. Must be available to participate in team meetings.
4. Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to, the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district wide activities and committees as assigned.
5. Assignment will frequently include evening hours and may include weekend hours.
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications;
a. Possess a Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
2. Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
1. Recent clinical experience in one additional nursing specialty area other than that identified in the position description.
2. Strong commitment to quality teaching, motivation of students, student success, and academic excellence.
3. Broad knowledge of academic or occupational area, including ability to design curriculum to address a wide range of learning levels from developmental through honors programs.
4. Ability to work with diverse population of students and staff.
5. Understanding of current and emerging instructional delivery technologies and ability to integrate those technologies into the learning process.
6. Professional development activities and campus involvement beyond your faculty assignment or student course work.
7. Teaching experience in an Associate Degree, Nursing program.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary Range: Full-time, two-semester position with a maximum starting range of $46,037.00 - $78,490.00 is offered, based on the 2012-2013 Salary Schedule of $46,037.00 to $109,761.00. In addition, an annual stipend of $2,781.00 is offered for possession of an earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
Temporary contract, full-time, Spring 2014 semester
Pay Philosophy: Starting salaries for academic positions are based on a combination of education and experience. Initial placement is within the starting salary range. Further advancements are based on longevity and professional development. An additional annual stipend is offered for possession of an earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
Applications must be received no later than the posted closing date. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Electronic applications may be completed by visiting www.cccd.edu/employment. Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
Application Requirements: To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
1. A complete Certificated Full Time Faculty Employment Application.
2. A current resume.
3. A cover letter highlighting your qualifications for the desired position.
4. Application for Equivalency, if necessary.
To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank.
All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community (reference Board Policy 050-1-1). Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate the job you are applying to and your name.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How the Internet is Affecting the Health Care Job Market
Adding Antioxidants to Your Diet
Tools and Tips for Ergonomic Computing
Budgeting for the Busy Nurse in 4 Easy Steps
Tackling the Most Common Illnesses Faced by New Nurses
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC