Tallahassee Community College, a dynamic and growing comprehensive community college located in Tallahassee, Florida, seeks applications for a fulltime Assistant Professor of Nursing for the 2012-13 academic year. The College’s fall enrollment of more than 15,000 students includes more than 40 percent minority students. The College enjoys a strong reputation for teaching excellence and for producing graduates with certificates or Associate in Arts or Science degrees. Tallahassee is also home to two state universities, Florida State University and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University. TCC partners with both universities and with a number of private higher education institutions to afford greater opportunities for all students, faculty, and surrounding communities.
The Assistant Professor of Nursing faculty position requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing. Applicants must have an active and clear RN license to practice in Florida or eligibility for Florida licensure. Primary teaching areas are medical/surgical nursing and pharmacology.
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed for the position, all prospective faculty are expected to demonstrate the following:
1. Commitment to student retention and success
2. Commitment to development and assessment of student learning
3. Use of technology and innovative approaches to enhance teaching and learning, including distance learning and alternative delivery systems
4. Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom
5. Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting
Faculty responsibilities include instruction, curriculum development, academic advising, support of college policies and procedures, and participation in department and college activities and committees.
To be assured consideration the College must receive the following: Only prior to employment must transcripts and licenses be official.
Visit the college’s web site at www.tcc.fl.edu for position criteria and application.
1. Complete the online TCC application for the position(s) of interest.
2. Submit the following documents when completing the online application:
o Letter of interest addressing the five (5) faculty characteristics and responsibilities listed above for each faculty vacancy of interest
o Unofficial transcript(s) of all college coursework
3. Attached to online application or arrange for three letters of reference to be sent by email, fax, or U.S. postal mail (contact information below).
Where Sugar Hides in Your Diet
Candy is Expandy: Cut Sugar Consumption
Helping Patients Form Healthy Habits
Five Ways To Burn Fat and Tone Up at Work
Drive Changes in 2014 With A Theme Word
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC