Health Clinic Director
Posting Number: 140022
Department /Division: Health Clinic
Important NotificationsLane is seeking a participatory, collaborative and dynamic administrative leader for the Lane Health Clinic. The selected candidate will demonstrate compassion for and significant understanding of patient challenges. The Director will ensure fair treatment, respect and social justice for all patients and employees.
Position/Clinic InformationLane Community College (Lane) is proud to be the only Oregon community college to have a full-service health clinic whose mission is to provide affordable, accessible, efficient and evidence-based health care to the students and employees of Lane. The clinic currently sees approximately 175 clients per week and is open Monday through Friday.
There are no weekends or night call and the clinic is closed during most major student breaks. It is staffed by two part-time physicians and three nurse practitioners with additional support services provided by front and back office staff. The staff members are dedicated professionals who function together as a team to provide medical services, assist with the employee wellness program and support the educational mission of the college by being actively involved with student organizations, employee wellness programs, and supervising health professions co-operative work students. Patient education and educational outreach is a vital part of all aspects of the clinic.
The Lane Health Clinic serves staff and students. The clinic also provides immunizations, low cost labs and some minor surgical procedures.
A new electronic billing and patient heath record system is being implemented which will allow the clinic to bill insurance for covered services.Clinicians are not designated as “primary care”, but for many patients, the Lane Health Clinic is their only provider. The clinic has an established network of community resources and refers patients for additional services. For more information, check out http://www.lanecc.edu/healthclinic.
Diversity RecruitmentAs a vibrant educational institution, Lane is continuing to attract and retain a diverse student population. We are seeking qualified staff and educators to meet this need. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate active dedication to enhancing diversity and the role-modeling of cultural competency. Bilingual skills in Asian and Spanish languages is strongly desired.
How do I monitor my application?If you would like to be notified of your standing in the search:1. Enter the e-mail address email@example.com into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process.2. Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search as we go through the process.
Applicants must complete the Lane online application in full. See applicant instructions for how to apply. Positions close at 9:30pm on the date listed.
Transcripts are RequiredUnofficial or Official transcripts are required. Attach electronically, fax, deliver or mail per instructions below. To attach documents use the optional “transcript fields.” See instructions below.
Location: Main Campus
Position Type: Management
Anticipated Start Date: On or about July 1, 2014
Salary/Wage Range: Starting Salary Range $56,363 - $98,550 (Management Salary Band 4A)
Salary/Compensation Statement: In addition to salary, an robust benefit package is provided. To view our comprehensive benefits and the Management Employee Working Agreement visit at www.lanecc.edu/hr. All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
* The management benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long term disability and paid sick leave.
Working Schedule: May work occasional evenings or weekends, typically the assignment is Monday to Friday.
Hours Statement: Full-time position
Position Status: Permanent
Annual Schedule: 260 Day (12 Month)
Quicklink for Posting: http://jobs.lanecc.edu:80/postings/6509
Posting Date: 03/10/2014
Closing Date: 04/17/2014
Required Education:Master’s degree in clinical or health related discipline such as medicine, nursing, public health, healthcare administration, or a related field.
Required Experience:Five (5) years of increasing supervisory and management experience in healthcare administration, health systems management, nursing, public health, or health education within an organization of similar size and complexity.
Preferred Education MBA, MHA, MPH, Ph.D. or M.D.
Preferred Experience:• Three (3) years experience in providing primary healthcare
• Three (3) years experience in providing clinical care in a college or university setting
• Three (3) years experience in college/university health care administration
• Experience managing health insurance billing and implementing electronic medical records
Bilingual/Multicultural Statement: Bilingual proficiency in Spanish/Asian languages and multicultural experience is preferred. A demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity is expected.
Equivalency:A Bachelor’s degree in health care or related field AND four (4) years clinical experience in an outpatient clinic may be substituted for the education requirement.
Have the required experience minimum qualification 0f five(5) years management experience in a clinic or outpatient medical office or facility will be accepted in place of a Master’s degree.
Position Purpose: The Health Clinic Manager is responsible for strategic leadership and planning as well as all operations and management of the Lane Health Clinic in alignment with the mission, vision, values and strategic directions of the college.
Clinic Leadership• Oversee healthcare delivery including primary care, quality assurance, outreach and consultation and risk management in a way that meets all legal and ethical standards.
• Provide preventative healthcare programs to the campus community and develop a referral network for off-campus resources.
• Coordinate appropriate malpractice insurance and certifications of staff training e.g. licensure, DEA, CPR, AED use and other licensures and professional development.
• Interpret, implement and monitor all compliance with State of Oregon and federal laws related to medical staff credentialing, immunization requirements, OSHA, HIPAA, CLIA, reporting requirements for epidemics/contagious diseases, and other public health matters.
• Annually evaluate programs and services provided by the Clinic to ensure alignment with the mission of the clinic and the College mission and vision; develop, implement and evaluate Health Clinic Policies and Procedures.
• Supervise and evaluate front and back office activities to ensure a smooth flow of patient service and compliance with all appropriate state and federal safety and privacy regulations; ensure a safe and welcoming environment for staff, students and patients.
• Ensure appropriate medical emergency responses to incidents on campus by coordinating with appropriate departments.
• Provide leadership and direction for creating a culture of quality care and continuous improvement.
• Coordinate and oversee instruction of students for clinical, work study and other programs.
Administrative Leadership:• Develop and manage a budget including developing additional revenue sources through billing insurance and other available resources with a goal of fiscal sustainability and decreased reliance on general fund resources.
• Recruit, evaluate, and supervise staff including registered nurse practitioners, physicians, Administrative Specialist, Medial Office Assistants, Medical Schedulers, Transcriptionist, and Medical Office Student Workers.
• Work collaboratively with the Medical Director for Clinical Services to develop and implement a comprehensive program for medical services meeting current standards of practice in evidence based medicine.
• Serve as a liaison to the college and the private and public medical sectors of the community to facilitate access of care and continuity of treatment for clinic patients.
• Compile data and conduct assessments to evaluate and report program effectiveness; prepare annual reports and other documents.
• Provide leadership for the integration of services with the Employee Wellness Program; Active participation on college committees and task forces for health and wellness.
• Maintain compliance with established College policies.
• Represent the College to the Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and other external agencies.
• Promote and facilitate professional development of staff on such issues as diversity, inclusive college climate and respectful working and learning environments.
• Assure compliance with the Accreditation Commission for Healthcare Inc. (ACHA) standards of care and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) accreditation requirements.
• Actively assist with ADA compliance in conjunction with Human Resources and Disability Resource departments; support appropriate access for persons with disabilities; mentor and role model cultural competency for persons with disabilities.
• Perform duties in a sustainable manner for the environment, economy and society.
Cultural Competency and Diversity• Demonstrate Lane’s core value of Diversity by modeling and ensuring diversity and cultural competency (respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing and welcoming of cultural differences) in all position responsibilities regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
• Must demonstrate active concern and compassion for all students, staff and faculty.
Supervision Statement: Reports to the Vice President of College Operations.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: Stand or sit continuously for more than an hour per day; exposure to a variety of medical conditions; work on a computer for an or more per day; transport or lift up to 25lbs with assistance as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and Skill in:• Advanced decision making, conflict resolution, collaboration, negotiation, advocacy, and leadership.• Legal regulations related to the provision of heath care including medical records, communicable disease, and privacy and laboratory standards.• Resources necessary to provide appropriate emergency care and scope of practice levels of each type of clinic practitioner.• Adult primary care (diagnosis, treatment, prescribing and referring) in order to support clinic practitioners in their care of students and employees.• Meeting legal standards required by HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA as related to medical records, laboratory practices, and patient and employee safety as well as current best practices for outpatient medical facilities and more specifically college health centers.• Advanced computer technology to lead the clinic into becoming a “paperless office”• Interpersonal communication skills, written, verbal and non-verbal• Interacting with ethnically and socially diverse populations in a respectful and empowering manner;understanding and monitoring social justice issues in health care.
Knowledge of:• State immunization requirements and national recommendations for community college populations.• Electronic health records, including resources and training necessary to convert an office from traditional paper charts to electronic charts.• Budgeting, fiscal accountability, tracking, monitoring and presenting data.
Ability to:• Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in good working order and maintained according to manufacturer’s guidelines.• Create a learning-centered and team based working environment.• Demonstrate commitment to and involvement with appropriate professional organizations and professional development opportunities for self and staff.• Monitor and assess the appropriateness and quality of medical care provided by physicians, nurse practitioners and other professionals.• Lead, guide and encourage staff and promote a vision for creating a healthy climate on campus.• Interpret complex information and communicate with patients, students, staff, Executive Team and community organizations.
Applicant InstructionsAll applications must be completed in full. Applications that are incomplete or refer to resume for information, will NOT be considered.
Candidates for this position must submit the following:1. Application – Complete the online application in entirety or your application will not be considered.
2. Cover letter attachment – (Two pages maximum, size 12 font, 1.5 line spacing)Discuss how you meet the minimum qualifications or equivalencies listed; include summary details on how your experience supports working in the Lane Health Clinic. Be specific.
3. Resume attachment – listing all relevant educational and professional experience and activities. The resume may not take the place of any part of the application.
4. While completing your application provide four(4)required references with Five(5)strongly preferred. Professional references are requested.
5. Unofficial or Official transcripts are required.Attach electronically, fax, deliver or mail per instructions below.
• To attach transcripts use the optional “transcript fields.” See instructions below.
6. Licenses or Certificates: Attach electronically or submit via mail, fax or delivery at the time of application submission.
• To attach documents use the certificate field and the option field of “additional Documents.”
No paper applications or resume accepted. For assistance with online program call 541.463.5586 or visit the Frequently Asked Questions on the home page of this site.
Note: Additional materials will not be considered.
Transcripts –Unofficial or official transcripts are required at the time of application in order to be considered for the position. Submit by attachment, mail, fax or delivery.
• To submit required transcripts electronically use the optional slots marked Transcript"
Human ResourcesBuilding 3 – 1st FloorHealth Clinic Director – LMC4000 E 30th AveEugene Oregon 97405Fax: 541-463-3970Phone: 541-463-5111
Selected candidate is required to provide original transcripts upon hire.
College and Division Information:
Union Association: Managers Working Agreement
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / ADA Institution embracing diversity. We encourage and welcome women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
Ebola: Knowledge is Power
Nurses Must Protect Themselves from Ebola
Ebola Prevention - Learning from Other Countries
Is Your Hospital Ready for Ebola?
Preventing Ebola Infection in Nurses - CDC Guidelines
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC