POSITION: Full-time tenure track faculty position in Practical Nursing Certificate Program (MCCC/MTA Unit Position)
RANK AND SALARY: Rank commensurate with qualifications and experience. Anticipated salary range is $41,470 - $56,000, the actual salary will be determined in accordance with the collective bargaining provisions. Additional compensation is available for instruction during January, late May- June if desired.
START DATE: August 2012
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provides classroom, laboratory and clinical instruction in 40-week Practical Nursing Certificate Program. Provides academic advisement for approximately 18 LPN and Nursing Intent students; maintains regular office hours; serves on committees as elected or appointed; attends regularly scheduled departmental, divisional and college meetings; and performs other duties as assigned.
Greenfield Community College (GCC) is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college of approximately 2,700 students. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women’s Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College’s largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has just undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that sets the stage for future developments in learning. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
THE PRACTICAL NURSING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM:
The Practical Nursing Certificate program is part of the Professional Studies Grouping which includes the Associate Degree Nursing Certificate, Emergency Medical Services and other associate of science programs. Our faculty, comprised of 3 full-time and one clinical adjunct, is focused on quality and excellence in teaching and learning and is committed to fostering high expectations for nursing practice. The program is held in high regard in the local community and has a long history of students exceeding the national pass rates for graduates. Recently we began incorporating patient simulation in the skills curriculum and web-enhancements in courses.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Teaches nursing courses various content areas across the lifespan;
• Directs and teaches students in college classrooms and clinical agencies;
• Evaluates student achievement;
• Provides support to part-time instructors;
• Counsels nursing students;
• Assists students in the development of an understanding of the nurse’s role in nursing practices today;
• Provides a professional role model;
• Develops and reviews the educational philosophy, purposes and objective of the program;
• Organizes, develops and evaluates the nursing curriculum;
• Develops specific criteria for the evaluation of student achievement of objectives;
• Serves on college committees;
• Participates in program and college-wide meetings;
• Participates in the evaluation processes required by accrediting bodies of the college and the program;
• Maintains records and reports in accordance with established policies;
• Participates in recruitment of nursing students;
• Maintains scheduled office hours;
• Maintains collegial relationships;
• Continues professional study and education;
• Maintains current professional liability insurance and current registration as a Registered Nurse in the State of MA.
• RN licensure in Massachusetts or eligibility for licensure.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• 2-5 years of relevant clinical experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
• Proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Master’s in Nursing or related field; or alternatively a BSN with Master's degree in related specialty or a Master’s degree in progress.
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting cultural proficiency within the curriculum and the profession.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
May be asked to submit evidence of expertise in nursing process, learning objective development, and evaluation strategies. Will be asked to present a teaching demonstration to an audience that may include students.
Greenfield Community College requires that all cover letters, resumes, and contact information for five professional references be submitted online at http://web.gcc.mass.edu/hr/careers/apply/. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Applications must be submitted via our online application system by April 23, 2012
Additional applications MAY be considered until the position is filled.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty, staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ***
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
ACCREDITED BY THE NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
Unique Nursing Jobs Beyond the Bedside
Long-Term Care Nursing Offers Career Opportunities
In the Spotlight: Minority Nurse Magazine Scholarship Recipient Karachi Egbuta
In the Spotlight: Christal Leitch, Minority Nurse Scholarship First-Place Winner
In the Spotlight: Minority Nurse Magazine Scholarship Recipient Yvonne Shih
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC