Samuel Merritt University School of Nursing invites applications for:
Full-Time Nursing Faculty (Multi-Specialty)
(This position is based at the Sacramento Regional Learning Center) The full-time faculty has multiple roles in our academic environment: teaching, service and scholarship, and creative activity. Faculty is responsible for creating environments that facilitate student learning and the attainment of expected outcomes at the course and program levels. Faculty has ownership for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the curricula within the School of Nursing which are designed to prepare graduates to provide nursing care in a dynamic health care environment. Faculty provides service on School of Nursing committees, University Committees and other committees or task forces. Faculty also engages in scholarship that reflects activities resulting in the production, reorganization/refinement, dissemination or creation of works that advance knowledge in one’s field.
• Minimum of Master’s degree in nursing or an equivalent field required.
• Earned Doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education preferred.
• Specialization in at least two of the following areas: Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Maternity, or Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
• At least three years of progressive teaching experience in classroom, practice, and/or laboratory settings preferred. Baccalaureate or higher degree preferred.
• Recent (within five years) practice experience in area of specialization.
• Registered Nurse or eligible for licensure in California.
Rank and compensation are competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Please send letter of interest and CV to the Coordinator of Faculty Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Samuel Merritt University School of Nursing!
"Race for Results" Report Addresses Health of Minority Children
Preventive Screenings: Medical tests and vaccinations for healthy nurses
Travel Nursing: Q&A with Recruiter Miles Mattern of Rise Medical Staffing
How to Land a New Grad Position in a Tough Market
Attention, Nurses! Your Input is Needed
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC