1. Work collaboratively with CU faculty, staff, nursing advisory committee, and the community in the ongoing implementation and refinement of the BSN
program, as well as contribute to the development and establishment of new nursing programs and curricula.
2. In collaboration with nursing team, teach nursing theory classes focusing on integration of nursing knowledge and practice.
3. Actively participate in the process to assure that the program meets the requirements and standards of regulatory agencies.
4. Assist in development and maintenance of partnerships with clinical agencies.
5. Assume clinical teaching responsibilities as expert teacher and clinician.
6. Coordinate and mentor part-time (adjunct) instructors in skills laboratory and clinical practice.
7. Assume the same clinical teaching responsibilities as clinical adjuncts but serve as an expert and model in these processes.
8. Commitment to focus on humanity of the patient, spiritual grounding of the nurse, cultural competence, and health promotion.
9. Perform an appropriate balance of other responsibilities, including service within the University and community and scholarly activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualified candidate will possess:
SALARY and RANK:
The rank and salary for this position is based on the current faculty/staff salary scale, and will be commensurate with the position and the candidate’s educational
background, professional experience, service to the church and the community, and scholarship activity.
Generous benefits package, including tuition remission for immediate family members, and tuition assistance toward completion of a terminal degree.
Position to begin May, 2014.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The intent is to contract an individual for long-term employment in this area. This position is based on a twelve-month renewable contract. Applications should include a cover letter outlining the applicant’s background and qualifications, Concordia University application (found on the Concordia web site), curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Please send all materials via email, mail, or fax to:
Rebecca E. Boehne, PhD, R.N. Nursing Program Director and Professor Concordia University
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211-6099
For an application and additional information about Concordia University, please visit our website:
Learn the Art of Self Promotion
National Association of Indian Nurses of America Offers Support
Sticking to Your Resolutions?
5 Easy Storm Preparation Tips
5 Steps to a Management Role
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC