YUBA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT Human Resources Development and Personnel Services Building 100A, Room 21, 2088 North Beale Road, Marysville, CA 95901 Visit our Web Site at: www.yccd.edu/hr
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR VACANCY
DIRECTOR OF NURSING/ALLIED HEALTH
FINAL FILING DATE: The first review of applications will begin on THURSDAY, JUNE 18, 2014 AT 12:00 NOON; however, the position will be opened until filled. (POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
LOCATION: *SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: YUBA COLLEGE
SALARY: $82,058 - $112,603/YR. (Range 33, Management Salary Schedule)
COMMENCING: As soon as possible
BASIC FUNCTION: This Academic Administrator, under the specific supervision of the Dean of Mathematics, Engineering, Science and Health Occupations and general supervision of the Vice President of Academic and Student Services, has direct responsibility for the administrative decision-making processes directly relating to the educational programs in nursing.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:• Providing district-wide leadership to the following Nursing Programs: Associate Degree Nursing, LVN to RN Career Ladder, Continuing Education, and any other nursing offerings that might be established.
• Facilitating in collaboration with faculty, in the development/updating and implementation of the nursing curriculum, department and program policies and procedures in accordance with accreditation requirements, and college policies and procedures.
• Maintaining records including student attrition, clinical site approvals, faculty approvals, meeting minutes, prepare and submit required reports and statistics to state and/or federal agencies.
• Preparing, updating and submitting reports such as program reviews, that reflect planning for sufficient faculty, staff, and equipment to maintain, change or expand programs according to district needs. Participating in ongoing, systematic program evaluation by students, faculty and health care providers as required by nursing boards.
• Supervising all Nursing Department faculty and classified staff including determining work assignments and workloads.
• Supervising the department budget including planning for purchases to meet faculty and student needs, maintain current media and computer software and update library reserve and supplemental resource books for student and faculty use.
• Initiating, updating and maintaining current contractual agreements with district agencies to provide adequate clinical practicum sites for all programs.
• Promoting nursing education to the general public through community contacts, mass media contacts and participation in related community activities, as well as orientation for students new to the nursing education programs.
• Overseeing collection and maintenance of mandated student records including physical forms, immunizations, yearly TB testing, CPR certifications and drug screening to meet requirements of State Boards of Nursing and Affiliating Agencies.
• Initiating catalog changes as needed to keep information current. Assist with website updates and program brochures to ensure that prospective students have access to current information.
• Scheduling of courses; monitoring use of available classrooms and clinical sites to meet the needs of students at each level and in each program; overseeing the ordering of textbooks for all nursing courses; assigning students to clinical groups.
• Scheduling, supervising, directing and evaluating department faculty and staff according to district policy. Plan and schedule department flex activities. Maintain and monitor for accuracy college and district reports.
• Scheduling and chairing of department meetings and maintenance of meeting minutes in accordance with regulatory agency requirements. Calling and holding regularly scheduled advisory board meetings.
• Participating in counseling of students with performance/academic issues/complaints related to nursing programs including advising students of complaint process when appropriate.
• Participating in selection, evaluation and retention of academic and classified staff.
• Participating in ongoing, systematic program evaluation by students, faculty and health providers. Work with faculty to implement changes when indicated.
• Maintaining and monitoring program applicants (RN, RN step-up program) and maintain wait list for step-up, returning, and international students.
• Attending appropriate professional meetings and related seminars/workshops.
• Maintaining CCCCO grants, complete required reports, monitor budgets, and update applications as necessary to maintain grant funded positions.
• Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Dean or the Vice President of Academic and Student Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators:
CREDENTIAL: Hold a current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse and be free from any disciplinary action by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• The Registered Nurse Director of the program shall have:
• A Master's or higher degree from an accredited college or University which includes course work in nursing, education or administration;
• One years’ experience in an administrative position with validated performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with section 1420(h);
• Two years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure nursing programs; and
• One years’ continuous, full-time or is equivalent experience direct patient care as a registered nurse; or
• Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the board.
REQUIRED DUTIES:• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent(s), for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $20,000 annually with currently no out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 223 day/12 month contract.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu/hr. A complete application includes: YCCD Management Application, Resume, Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity statement (attached in a Word document) and a Cover letter/letter of interest.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
TIMELINE: Interviews are tentatively scheduled for June/July 2014. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date confirmation is July 2014.
IF YOU REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it isdeemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services andHuman Resources Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
DISTRICT INFORMATIONThe Yuba Community College District spans eight counties and nearly 4,200 square miles of territory in rural, north-central California. Yuba College was established in 1927 as the founding college for the Yuba Community College District. As one of two colleges in the District, Yuba College is located in Marysville, CA in the growing north central valley region just north of Sacramento. The area provides a high quality of life, affordable housing, excellent schools, and a central location with proximity to the Pacific Coast/San Francisco Bay Area; the Sierra-Nevada Mountains; the Feather, American and Sacramento Rivers; Clear Lake and Lake Oroville; two California State Universities in Sacramento and Chico, University of California at Davis, and the capitol in Sacramento. The College is currently addressing and resolving accreditation findings and is seeking strong leadership to successfully guide the college through these challenges.
VISION STATEMENTThe vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative, world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region;
• Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Take these Steps Toward Happiness
Busy Schedule? Try HIIT
Take a Stand for Your Health
Boost Your Creativity, Revive Your Career
Why Pilates Just Might be the Best Workout for Nurses
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC