Department: School of Nursing & Health Professions
Job Type: Full-Time
The School of Nursing and Health Professions seeks a dynamic, visionary, and collaborative faculty leader to develop and direct a new Healthcare Informatics Program. In addition to the teaching, service, and scholarship responsibilities of a faculty member, the Director of the Healthcare Informatics program will work with faculty and administration to guide the program’s future direction and development both online and on-ground.
• Provide leadership and engagement in scholarly activities, curriculum oversight, professional and academic service in healthcare informatics
• Guide development and implementation for an healthcare informatics program online and on-ground
• Provide energetic and collaborative leadership in the recruitment, development, and retention of high caliber faculty
• Teach courses in the healthcare informatics program
• Serve as a member of the SONHP Leadership team
• Collaborate with SONHP Department Chairs and Program Directors
• Provide an annual assessment and report on the status and progress of the program’s
• Guide student recruitment, admission, retention, and success
• Serve as a liaison between SOHNP Departments and Healthcare Informatics faculty
• Provide academic advising for Healthcare Informatics students
The successful candidate will have:
• An earned doctorate in information systems, computer science, health informatics, or a related area
• Experience in healthcare informatics, such as clinical knowledge modeling and decision support system development; clinical text analysis, text mining, machine learning and clinical data analytics; health care privacy, health care systems formal modeling and analysis; secure medical devices, innovative mobile applications to health care and informatics; human centric design of new health informatics technology; health information technology development and evaluation; and health informatics education research
• A demonstrable track record of scholarship in healthcare informatics
• Familiarity with online education, online pedagogy, and learning management systems
• Prior teaching experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Evidence of effective management skills
• Demonstrated background and commitment to supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/314973
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Take This Nursing and Technology Survey! Win a Gift Card!
Take a Deep Breath & Count to...
Back to the Past: Recognizing Our Potential in the Moment
World AIDS Day: Getting to Zero!
Beyond the Bedside: Nursing Careers on the Rise
Соруright 2013Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC