Clinical Nursing (District Wide pool)
Location: District Support Services Cntr
Department District Wide
Calendar Id 9 Months
Job ID 14001
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution
See "Special Notes" below for additional information.
Provides clinical and laboratory instruction to nursing students in the areas of nursing concepts and clinical practice, uses traditional, non-traditional, and innovative methods of instructions, including the use of technology; uses effective interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills while instructing in an integrated curriculum designed on five core values: critical thinking, holism, caring, nursing role development and safe practice; demonstrates commitment to student academic success.
Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in lab and clinical setting; develops written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students' scholastic records; prepares and grades exams; develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in nursing through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops; maintains office hours; serves on and participates in department, college and district wide committees and activities.
- A Bachelor of Science in nursing degree plus 3 years of work experience providing direct patient care, or a BSN and a graduate degree and 2 years' experience as a professional nurse providing direct patient care, or a graduate degree in nursing and 2 years' experience in nursing as a professional nurse providing direct patient care
- Must hold an Arizona registered nurse license in good standing or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona by the first day of employment
- Must be able to meet health and safety requirements including CPR certification, Fingerprint Clearance card, and drug testing
- Must complete EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges or equivalent within two years of date of hire
- Recent experience as a registered nurse in active clinical practice in medical/surgical nursing, pediatrics, obstetrical, or psychiatric/mental health nursing
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with the use of technology including classroom applications and/or distance learning
Special Working Conditions
Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases; may be required to instruct at multiple sites and/or teach days, evenings and assignment may extend past the normal academic semesters; may require lifting objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
Required to have possession of a valid Level I DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card. Required to have a "Pass" status on an MCCCD supplemental background check based on the standards of MCCCD's clinical experience partners that have established the most stringent requ
Comfy Computing for Nurses
Dealing with Dysfunctional Coworkers
In the Spotlight: Lorraine Freytes
New Website Helps Nurses Provide PTSD Care
Dealing with Workplace Gossipers
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC