Clinical Nursing (District Wide pool)
Location: District Support Services Cntr
Department District Wide
Calendar Id 9 Months
Job ID 14001
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution
See "Special Notes" below for additional information.
Provides clinical and laboratory instruction to nursing students in the areas of nursing concepts and clinical practice, uses traditional, non-traditional, and innovative methods of instructions, including the use of technology; uses effective interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills while instructing in an integrated curriculum designed on five core values: critical thinking, holism, caring, nursing role development and safe practice; demonstrates commitment to student academic success.
Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in lab and clinical setting; develops written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students' scholastic records; prepares and grades exams; develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in nursing through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops; maintains office hours; serves on and participates in department, college and district wide committees and activities.
- A Bachelor of Science in nursing degree plus 3 years of work experience providing direct patient care, or a BSN and a graduate degree and 2 years' experience as a professional nurse providing direct patient care, or a graduate degree in nursing and 2 years' experience in nursing as a professional nurse providing direct patient care
- Must hold an Arizona registered nurse license in good standing or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona by the first day of employment
- Must be able to meet health and safety requirements including CPR certification, Fingerprint Clearance card, and drug testing
- Must complete EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges or equivalent within two years of date of hire
- Recent experience as a registered nurse in active clinical practice in medical/surgical nursing, pediatrics, obstetrical, or psychiatric/mental health nursing
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with the use of technology including classroom applications and/or distance learning
Special Working Conditions
Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases; may be required to instruct at multiple sites and/or teach days, evenings and assignment may extend past the normal academic semesters; may require lifting objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
Required to have possession of a valid Level I DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card. Required to have a "Pass" status on an MCCCD supplemental background check based on the standards of MCCCD's clinical experience partners that have established the most stringent requ
Ebola: Knowledge is Power
Nurses Must Protect Themselves from Ebola
Ebola Prevention - Learning from Other Countries
Is Your Hospital Ready for Ebola?
Preventing Ebola Infection in Nurses - CDC Guidelines
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC