Samuel Merritt University School of Nursing welcomes applications for:
(90% Admin; 10% Teaching)
The Associate Dean Supervises Prelicensure Nursing Chairs and Program Director, Bay Area Clinical Coordinator and Bay Area Preceptor Coordinator. Manages activities related to program development and student affairs in the prelicensure nursing programs.
• Coordinates prelicensure nursing programs strategic priorities and other relevant activities and reports in collaboration with the program director and chairpersons.
• Insures prelicensure program and curricular integrity. Directs analysis of and responses to prelicensure student achievement data.*
• Initiates and chairs task forces for new prelicensure program development.*
• Collaborates on marketing, orientation, retention, special services, awards, ceremonies, and graduation processes for prelicensure nursing programs.*
• Retains oversight for prelicensure program budgets and has level-up signature authority for prelicensure programs.
• Completes annual BRN report for prelicensure programs.
• Leads the faculty in preparing for and writing the prelicensure report for the BRN and on-site Education Consultant visits.
• Works with associate dean for graduate programs to prepare the self-study and coordinate CCNE site visits.
• Mentors and develops prelicensure chairs/directors and faculty.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
•Budget planning and management skills. Spreadsheet familiarity (skill preferred).
•Supervisory and evaluation skills
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Excellent interpersonal relationships
•Experience with external funding, grants and/or fund raising preferred.
Education, Qualifications and/or Experience:
•Earned doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education. Must have either the doctorate or master’s degree in nursing.
•Experience and accomplishments consistent with the requirements for academic rank of professor or associate professor.
•Minimum of three years progressive experience in teaching in baccalaureate and higher degree program(s).
•Minimum of three years administrative or management experience in nursing higher education.
•Registered Nurse or eligible for licensure in California.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
Frequently required to stand.
Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and receive detailed information through verbal communication.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Please send letter of interest and CV to the Coordinator of Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com.
Tools and Tips for Ergonomic Computing
Budgeting for the Busy Nurse in 4 Easy Steps
Tackling the Most Common Illnesses Faced by New Nurses
Should Perks Weigh into a Job Decision?
8 Benefits that Could Make or Break Your Job Offer
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC