The Department of Community Health Systems (CHS), School of Nursing, announce a search for In Residence and Adjunct faculty positions. Appointments will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in either the In Residence or Adjunct series, depending upon the individual's level of experience and extramural funding.
We are seeking scientists with an established or promising research career in one of the following areas: community/public health, global health, environmental health, mental health (including stress, depression or drug addiction), social determinants of health (including health disparities), HIV/AIDS, nursing workforce/patient safety, and technology as it relates to science and nursing. Research across the life span from infancy through aging is conducted in the Department. Research may focus on varied points across the spectrum of care, including health promotion/risk reduction, intervention/treatment, care transitions, or evaluation of health outcomes. Expertise in quantitative research methods, qualitative research methods, biobehavioral research, and community-based participatory research are all highly valued. Areas of focus in Research, Education and Practice for the department can be found here: http://nursing.ucsf.edu/chs
The successful candidates must have the following:
1) A PhD Degree or equivalent terminal degree by the start of the appointment.
2) Current extramural funding (to cover a portion or all of their salary, fringe benefits, and other specific expenses related to their programs), or a sustained record of extramural funding, for research in relevant community health system nursing topics (such as one or more of the areas listed above).
The following are highly desirable:
1) Research programs that are synergistic with departmental teaching and departmental/SON research priorities (see above).
2) Nurse practitioner certification with more than one year clinical care experience.
3) Relevant post-doctoral experience.
4) Excellent teaching and mentoring skills, a record of contributions to university and public service, and evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
Count Your Blessings at Thanksgiving
5 Ways to Handle the Holidays When Your Life's in Chaos
Ready for Winter Storms?
Lung Cancer Awareness
Movember: New Face of Men's Health
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC