Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Tenure Track Faculty Positions
Assistant Professor of Nursing – Long Term Care Emphasis (#466)
Assistant Professor of Nursing – Medical Surgical Emphasis (#467)
Assistant Professor of Nursing – Psychiatric / Mental Health Emphasis (#469)
Assistant Professor of Nursing – Instruction & Simulation (#470)
Academic Calendar Year: 32 weeks (Flexible hours spread over Fall, Winter, Summer)
Annual Salary Range: $52,991 (Master’s Degree)
Reports to: Associate Dean, School of Workforce Development
GRCC is seeking faculty who possess an interest in working with diverse student populations from a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin and ability; engage in and develop innovative teaching strategies; effectively assess student learning outcomes; demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development; and provide service to our students, the college, and our community at large.
Faculty members are responsible to GRCC and to each other for the successful completion of departmental work, as well as work associated with the School of Workforce Development and GRCC as a whole. In addition to the major position responsibilities, it is expected that faculty demonstrate outstanding communications skills, collaborate effectively, use personal initiative to overcome obstacles and work efficiently to meet deadlines. In an environment where innovation is valued, each faculty member will take responsibility to perform their work in a manner consistent with both the letter and the spirit of GRCC values.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
To apply for these positions, please visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs. Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three professional reference letters. The opportunity to apply for these positions will close on October 3, 2013. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Major Teaching Responsibilities:
- Teach Practical and Associate Degree nursing courses, both clinical and didactic with an emphasis on Long-Term Care.
- Work with tenured faculty and assigned mentor to ensure consistent standards and instructional practices within each course.
- Lead, advise and support adjunct faculty to ensure consistent standards and instructional practices within each course.
- Effectively assess, document, and advise students regarding their academic and clinical performance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a learning centered environment in the classroom.
- Incorporate new technologies and methods for enhanced teaching and learning into instructional methods.
Major Professional Development Responsibilities:
- Engage in on-going professional development to maintain expertise in the field and communicate outcomes with faculty and administration.
- Maintain professional licensure.
Major Student Service Responsibilities:
- Advise students on curriculum, academic programs, and employment and career goals.
- Participate in departmental student academic advising plans.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of students from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of abilities.
Department and College Service Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Program and the College by participating in academic program review; curriculum development, evaluation and revision; committee membership; department and advisory committee meetings.
- Analyze program, course and student outcome data.
- Communicate clearly with students, staff, faculty and administration.
- Assist the Program Director in the preparation of reports and other required documents.
- Contribute to program accreditation processes and reports as determined by the Nursing Programs Director.
- Assist in marketing and promoting of departmental and college programs and events.
- Promote the department by creating partnerships with state and local communities, health care facilities and schools.
- Adhere to college processes, policies and contractual obligations.
- Support the College’s Strategic Plan through departmental and college action projects as appropriate.
- Support the department and the college through other work normally expected of GRCC faculty members.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing. Candidates currently enrolled in a Master’s program may be considered.
- Current, unencumbered Michigan RN license or eligibility.
- Recent experience in nursing practice or nursing education.
- Minimum of 2 years direct clinical experience.
- Experience in nursing education curriculum design and utilization of education technology.
- Community College experience or experience teaching adult learners.
- Teach Practical and Associate Degree nursing courses, both clinical and didactic with an emphasis on Med/Surg.
- Teach Practical and Associate Degree nursing courses, both clinical and didactic with an emphasis on Psychiatric/ Mental Health Nursing
- Teach Practical and Associate Degree clinical and didactic nursing courses.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of day to day activities in the simulation lab to include: facility and equipment set-up for teaching sessions; ensure simulation materials are current and relevant; trouble shoot malfunctions as required and/or directed by manufacturers; make recommendations and maintain inventory for purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials
- Participate in teaching-related simulation activities, such as, running scenarios with faculty instructors, demonstrating and writing simulator instructions for users, and teaching instructors on the use of the simulator(s).
- Contribute to the development of course and lab policies, procedures, and practices for the simulation lab.
- Provide departmental leadership in simulation.
- Recent experience in preparing and organizing simulation laboratory and demonstration materials.
- Minimum of 5 years direct clinical experience.
Dealing with Dysfunctional Coworkers
In the Spotlight: Lorraine Freytes
New Website Helps Nurses Provide PTSD Care
Dealing with Workplace Gossipers
4 Reasons Why You Have to Make Time to Network
Соруright 2014Minority Nurse is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeSpringer Publishing Company, LLC