Norwalk Community College is the educational center of the community, providing opportunities for intellectual inquiry, open dialogue, multicultural awareness and lifelong learning. Recognizing the diverse needs of its students, the college strives to provide an environment in which they are empowered to achieve their highest potential.
Norwalk Community College is the southwestern Fairfield County leader and partner in the academic, economic and cultural lives of our communities, providing comprehensive, accessible, innovative and affordable learning opportunities to diverse populations. To realize this distinctive mission, NCC:
- Provides a broad range of credit and non-credit liberal arts, sciences, career, technical, associate degree and certification programs leading to transfer, employment and lifelong learning.
- Supports economic development through partnerships with labor, business, industry, government and our communities, providing workforce development, business development and technology transfer
- Promotes learner success and inclusion through a stimulating, nurturing learning environment, high quality instruction, support services and co-curricular activities
- Builds community through the sponsorship of intellectual, cultural, social and recreational events and activities
- Engages students and community members to become active and responsible leaders in their communities
Norwalk Community College (NCC) commits itself to achieving our six strategic goals during 2011-16. These goals are as follows:
- Goal 1: Excellence in academics: Implement interventions and practices to increase student success
- Goal 2: Response to workforce needs: Establish a cohesive infrastructure to support workforce development
- Goal 3: Technological innovation: Increase and leverage the use of information technology for educational purposes
- Goal 4: Community engagement and strategic partnerships: Expand and leverage community partnerships and strategic alliances to increase stakeholder participation
- Goal 5: Carefully manage campus growth: Meet the evolving postsecondary educational needs of lower Fairfield County
- Goal 6: Environment responsibility: Expand NCC’s role in promoting environmental sustainability in our region